Checking out the brain power at Paradise Pets.
I have fallen behind! Blogger Alicia Chenaux has given the rest of us slacker bloggers two more lists of questions. I did fill them out, but I never posted them - so here they are!
Meme List #1: The SLeople in my Neighborhood
1. Do you remember the first person who helped you in SL, and are you still in contact with that person? No. And I probably should be in order to at least thank him since he helped me find information on non- newbie skins and hair and shapes. But I met him in a terrible, awful place that decent, law abiding citizens should not go and he wanted to do things to me that people who want to run for a government office someday should never do, so it is probably for the best.
2. Do you stick around in SL for business, or for the people?
75% for the people and 25% for business. I really have had fun meeting so many different people from all over the world, but I have also been able to stretch my wings doing some things that I haven't for a long time - like writing for pleasure or being super creative (building).
3. Who is the most positive influence in your SL? I would have to say my friend f00 Barbosa and my current boyfriend, Jerremy.
f00 and his friend Phat (the frog) wear slinky tails and play soccer on my patio back when I first moved to Wonderful Land.
f00 and I met and dated exclusively for a while, and now we are great friends. He taught me to build and line up textures perfectly. He held my hand when I took my first baby steps into land ownership. He encouraged me when I started my blog by reading it and giving me the type of positive feedback that I still cherish from him. He was my first reader! He taught me about the potential that SL has for creativity and for relationships. He has an adorable, very sweet girlfriend now, and I am overjoyed to observe him being so happy. If I ever get hitched in SL, f00 is going to be my Maid of Honor. I am just sayin'.
Jerremy and I rock out to a little Nine Inch Nails.
Jerremy started out as my friend and has looked out for me and supported me though some tough times. He is such a catalyst for my creativity and for doing business in SL. He gives me ideas and we play off of one another when brain storming like nobody's business. He is teaching me about being a SL landlord. He is really, really supportive of my writing and modeling and tells me every day how proud he is of me. And he is teaching me some RL stuff too - like the joy of jumping into things with both feet. I am terribly excited about what the future holds for me and Jerremy. I want to shout from the roof tops of Second Life that I LOVE JERREMY DARWIN!
I can honestly say that my SLife would not be as full or as happy without Jerremy and f00 in it.
4. Is there someone who makes you roll your eyes and groan when they IM you or if you run into them somewhere? No. Honestly. I have been so lucky in meeting rather wonderful people in SL.
5. Is there someone in your SL that makes you smile whenever you notice their name on your friends list, even if they're not online? Many! I have a good memory to think about for nearly everyone on my friends list. I tend to meet people in strange ways - so that helps, too.
6. Do you let people map you? Do others let you map them? I only let my boyfriends map me and that was a big step for me. I guess I don't really get mapping. I have never searched for anyone using the map. If I want to find out where someone is or what they are doing, I IM them. I can map my boyfriend, but I have never even bothered to try it.
7. If we found out tomorrow that SL was closing, do you think you'd still remain in contact with your friends? Absolutley! I have emails and Google Talk accounts. We'd open up our own grid somewhere!
Meme List #2: My SLinspiration
1. What inspires you? Is saying 'everything' cheating? Because it does. You can get the seed of a creative idea from anywhere. However, I can't be creative in a vauccum (I don't know who can, so maybe I am just stating the obvious) I have to have a need, purpose or goal in order to be truly creative. I don't think I could do much abstract, like what a traditional artist does. It is the goal that prods the weak little hamsters in my head to start running on their wheels.
2. What blocks your creativity? Things I *HAVE* to do, obligations, not getting enough sleep or not eating well, people who ask me for things and won't tell me why or what they need to accomplish with my help (which happens much more often than you would think.). Also if I have an idea, I need to start working on it right then...I hate delays or having go do something else when I am inspired. It makes me panic that I will lose an idea and the flow of energy I get when I am being creative.
3. Do you do anything special to get your creative juices flowing? YES!! These are my tricks: think about the issue for a short time (5 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever) and then go do something else - read a book, watch tv, go for a walk, clean the house, do an errand, go to sleep. I call this "leaving an idea in the oven to cook". Your brain does all the work while you are distracted. Then, go back to what you were thinking about and all of these fresh things come out. Jot them down. And then put everything back in the "oven". Repeat until you can stick a toothpick into the idea and it comes out clean.
4. What time of day do you feel most inspired? All day in general, but evening is an especially good time for me. Which is odd since I am such a morning person.
5. How do you like to express your creative energy? I write or plan things out. My desks at home and work are covered with lists and sketches of ideas.
Once again thanks go to Alicia for prodding me to share!! As always, it you have read this and want to answer on your own blog please do and let me l know so that I can come read your answers. If you do not have a blog, use my comments section to answer them!