Jerremy & I recently had to cut back on our vacation plans. Instead of TPing to a fancy-schmancy resort, we built a plywood RV and drove to the sim next door to camp on the beach when the owners were not logged in.
While we were huddled around the campfire, we put our heads together and made a list of tips to help you weather the financial storm!
- Take advantage of LL's new Moolah-for-Mains trade in program! Trade in your tired, old drama-ridden avatar for a fresh new alt with a squeaky clean reputation!
- Reuse your old prims instead of rezzing brand new ones. Just look in your inventory for anything things called 'object' (if you're like me, you have a hundred or so of these) and mod it into something brand new.
- SLayoffs are no laughing matter. When you are trying to find that replacement virtual escorting job network, network, network!
- You know how everyone is always trying to spoil camping by saying that it costs more to power your computer than you can earn? Ha! Foil the naysayers by powering off your PC while your avatar camps!
- One area you won;t have to cut back on? Prim food! Jerremy and I have been barbecuing and eating the same hamburgers and hotdogs for well over a year now and they still taste as fresh as the day we rezzed them.
- Clip coupons to SLave! ...errrr, I mean...for big SLavings!
- Be sure to pay a visit to Zindra, the adult content continent. I hear there are some interesting stimulus packages over there!
[ETA: Jerremy really did brainstorm with me -- so I want to give him credit for helping me with this post!]