- What is your birthday and/or Zodiac sign? – My RL birthday is August 2 and my Rez Day is August 20 - so I'm a Leo in both lives. That's ironic, since I don't like cats in either life. That I am the same sign in both lives was a happy accident. But, it means that August is Tymmerie-apalooza. Yup. All me, all month long. When I hear about others who are born or rezzed in August my first thought is "How dare they?! It's my month!" because of my Leo-ish need to be the center of attention. But then, my generous Leo self comes out and there's a lot of, "You may share my glorious month! As long as you share your cake and invite me to your party! Aren't we Leo's outstanding?"
- Do you believe in or follow astrology? – I believe in the personality traits for each sign, but not in the predictions or daily horoscopes for the signs. I believe that I am not a cat person. I believe in at least trying to use proper punctuation and grammar; opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve; and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days.
- Do you feel your sign’s attributes reflect who you are? Totally. I am Leo. I live Leo. I am one with my Leo-ness. I remember my parents commenting on things they thought of as particularly Leo-ish when I was a kid. Like, at Christmas time, I always picked the most expensive toys out of the Sears catalog to put on my list for Santa and my parents would comment on my Leo-ish love of luxury and extravagance. Even now, my friends will catching me looking at myself in reflective surfaces like windows and microwave ovens and comment on my Leo vanity. And sometimes, when people tell me my avatar is pretty, I just say, "I know!" because I am a Leo.
- Have you ever been to a psychic or astrologer either in RL or in SL? Yes! In RL. I've been to someone who did this intricate astrological chart based on the time of my birth and she gave me all of these graphs and drawings of the positions of the stars, etc. It made no sense at all. I've also been to a tarot card reader - but that was at a Renaissance Festival, so make of that what you will. The tarot card lady said she saw lots of money in my future and also that I would marry someone whom I had already met. That was a long time ago, but I'm still certain that a Powerball win and a rekindled college romance are both just around the corner for me.
- Do you read your horoscope daily and try to follow any advice, recommendations or warnings it may have for you that day? No.
- Do you have very strong feelings about astrology, either negative or positive? Absitively! I have a strong, positive feeling about being a Leo.
Friday, August 9, 2013
The lovely and talented Strawberry Singh has asked us to answer some questions about our astrological signs. Since I'm a Leo, I did some research by going to the Oasis Zoo to study some lions up close. But frankly, they were very little help and didn't answer a single question. Stupid lions.